in learning about the complexity and diversity of human behavior, psychology students at webster university have the opportunity to study the science, philosophical issues, and theories of the discipline in an engaging environment.
offering a diverse psychology curriculum, webster's psychology professors use approaches that range from the scientific to philosophical and the experimental to theoretical. through exploration of these methods, psychology students develop and apply problem-solving skills that help them think analytically and communicate persuasively in the professional world.
the bachelor's degree in psychology is ideal for students seeking a strong theoretical foundation in the field of psychology. students have the option to pursue a bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, or ba with emphasis in mental heath.
webster also offers a minor in psychology for students who are interested in integrating psychological knowledge with their current academic program.
a master's degree in psychology with an emphasis in counseling psychology is offered to students who want to develop a variety of basic therapeutic skills that enable them to work in a variety of settings including schools, private practice, hospitals, private organizations, and the government.
the psychology master's program is based at webster university vienna and webster university leiden.
- clinical psychologist
- americorp volunteer coordinator
- social worker with st. louis public schools
- research analyst at washington university
- human resource specialist at monsanto
- independent film producer
- case manager for hiv/aids outreach
- crisis worker
- teacher with outward bound
approaches to psychology
- biological and evolutionary perspectives: the roles of biological processes, structures, and inherited tendencies in explaining human behavior
- clinical and counseling perspectives: the diagnosis and treatment of mental, behavioral disorders, and adjustment problems
- lifespan development perspectives: examination of how individuals grow, develop, and change throughout the lifespan
- learning and cognitive perspectives: examination of the mental processes and environmental situations that underlie, shape, and control behavior
- social and cross-cultural perspectives: the roles of social and cultural influences on behavior
points of distinction
- courses are offered at webster's global campuses in accra, ghana; athens, greece; geneva, switzerland; vienna, austria; leiden, the netherlands; and hua hin/cha-am, thailand.
- the degree opportunities in the psychology department are designed according to the most recent research on the scholarship of teaching and learning within the field of psychology.
- curriculum is constantly updated to meet the best practices advocated by the american psychological association.
psychology academic programs
to read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- bachelor of arts in psychology: mental health (ba)
- bachelor of arts in psychology (ba)
- bachelor of science in psychology (bs)**
- bachelor of science in psychological science
- minor in educational psychology
- minor in general psychology
- minor in health psychology
- psychology certificate
- master of arts in psychology with an emphasis in counseling psychology (ma) *
* offered only at the webster university vienna, austria campus and webster university athens, greece campus
** offered only outside the us.
become a gorlok
whether you’re seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. the first step is to fill out our application.
learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community